Quick & easy to throw together for a healthy & filling breakfast or snack. Add blueberries or dark chocolate chips if you want to change it up. Feel free to sub in whole spelt flour if you don’t need to use gluten free flour.
dairy free, gluten free optional, nut free optional, soy free,
banana bread 350º; loaf pan, 40 minutes
• 1 1/2 cups Bob Red Mills 1:1 Gluten Free flour or whole spelt flour (if gluten is ok)
• 2.5 med-large bananas, mashed
• 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
• 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or coconut oil)
• 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
• 1 egg
• 3/4 tsp baking powder
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
optional add ons:
• 1/3 c dark bittersweet chocolate chips
• 1/3 c frozen wild blueberries
MASH bananas in a large bowl
ADD sugar and oil (and prune puree, if using); add egg
MIX dry ingredients in a medium size bowl (including add ons, if using)
ADD dry ingredients to wet ingredients with a danish whisk, careful not to over mix
POUR using a spatula, transfer mixture to the loaf pan.
BAKE test with a toothpick in middle of loaf. remove pan when ready and allow to cool on a cookie rack before serving.
I always find this even tastier the next day, so feel free too cook a day in advance before serving.