This recipe is very similar to my strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe, though I’ve used more oats here and a few other ingredient proportion changes. I also left out the maple syrup with the filling, feel free to add a tbsp though you won’t miss it.
gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined sugar free
strawberry rhubarb crisp
• 2 cups gluten free rolled-oats
• 1 cup almond flour (I purchase mine, but you can make this by processing almonds in high speed blender or food processor)
• 1/2 cup walnuts, diced or smashed (in mortal & pestle)
• 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
• 2-4 tbsp currants
• 3-4 tbsp sunflower oil (or coconut oil)
• 1/4 c honey
• 8-10 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (see notes below*)
• wild blueberries, approx 1/2 cup
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
*To peel the peaches, place peaches, one at a time, in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Then transfer to a bowl of cold water for another minute and the skins will slide off.
MIX The filling ingredients in the oven safe dish (I use pyrex square dish or rectangular – approx 9 x 13; I like to spread it out in larger dishes so that you get more space for the topping).
MIX The crisp topping ingredients in a medium size bowl.
(NOTE you can prep this the night before and leave it in the fridge covered and ready to go into the oven)
SPRINKLE the topping over the fruit filling. Cover the dish (with foil if you don’t have a lid) and put it in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cover/lid and cook for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes to allow the juices to thicken, before serving. Serve plain, with plain yogurt or whipped coconut cream.